Saturday, January 19, 2013

Talk

odd-wiki-hive - 'wiki-net'



odd-wiki-hive - 'wiki-net' - talk odd-wiki-hive - 'wiki-net' - talk-feed

[en]


odd-wiki-hive - 'wiki-net' - talk talk


“dummy” RecentChanges in the main wikis


MattisManzel:

I did something weird: I created “dummy” RecentChanges in the main wikis.



A page RecentChanges exists in all wikis sitting in the wiki-hives, RecentChanges for example. But in the main wikis of the wiki-hives the page has different names:



In the main wikis there is a local name recent changes defined. It points to the address showing the recent changes to the main wiki exclusively, for example odd-wiki-hive - recent changes (= http://oddwiki.org/odd?action=rc;local=1). Redirecting to this page from RecentChanges would be silly and doesn’t work.


When recently making the sister site icons at the bottom of pages work I realized that the icons link to pages RecentChanges in the main wikis which didn’t exist. Therefore I made the “dummy” pages and therefore only.


This does not yet feel quite right to me, I’m only testing. Probably the main wikis rather need a page called AllRecentChanges (similar for all wiki hives, no hive name in it) and I also need to change RecentChanges to AllRecentChanges somewhere else (like in the config or so, not sure).




No comments:

Post a Comment